To connect the device
- The Wi-Fi network frequency must be 2.4 GHz, the network name and password must contain only numbers and Latin letters (the maximum length of the network name and password is 32 characters). If there are repeaters, amplifiers or several distributing devices in the room in the signal reception area, it is recommended to make the names of the networks different from each other and connect the device to the nearest access point.
- This method is default for all Tuya/SmartLife Wi-Fi devices. This method may be used only if other methods don't work. It's highly recommended to use QR-code for connecting our devices (see instructions above).
, follow the steps below:1.
Run the Tuya/Smart Life App and log in (register if you haven't already).2.
Select or create a house (home-ownership) to which you want to add a new device.3.
Click on the +
button ("Add Device") in top right corner when you're in the main screen of the selected home-ownership.4.
Scroll left-side list to the end and choose "Others
", after that choose "Others (Wi-Fi)
" in the appeared menu.5.
Enter your Wi-Fi name and password and press "Next".5.1. [
On next screen you can select connection mode (EZ or AP) in top right corner. It's highly recommended to setup the device in EZ mode (default).6.
Turn on the EZ
mode by press & hold both "Power" and "+" buttons on the unlocked device.
When the EZ
connection mode is turned on, the SC
is displaying at the device's screen.6.1. [
Turn on the AP mode by press & hold both "-" and "Power" buttons on the unlocked device.
When the AP connection mode is turned on, the AP is displaying on the device's screen.7.
Click on the checkbox in the app (don't pay attention to the title) and press "Next".8.
Follow instructions on the screen of your smartphone to connect the device.9. In some cases
you can see the popup window with the text "Select the status of the indicator light or hear the beep
". If you're trying to connect the device in EZ mode (default) select "Blink Quickly
", if you're trying to connect the device in AP mode select "Blink Slowly
- After completing the setup, you will be taken to the main screen of the home-ownership, where the device you connected will be added to the home/room, and the connection with the device will be established within a few minutes.
- Sometimes after adding the device, its settings and controls may be unavailable for several minutes. During this time, the firmware is updated, you need to wait for a while.
- For simultaneous control of the device by several users, use the function of inviting the user to the house in the settings.